Online public surveys
In addition to a better understanding of science, online public surveys are an excellent tool for:
- Large scale and real time monitoring of infectious diseases (online epidemiology)
- Mapping of behavior for social scientific research
- Polls about new technologies, i.e. for policy makers and business
Publicity and public affairs
- Advertising opportunities on well-visited sites, directly adjacent to the target audience
- Promoting societal engagement in research
Marketing and distribution
- Collecting data for effective marketing campaigns
- Ditto for efficient logistics of goods and services
These are just some a few examples of results of our projects which we have developed for national and international clients ranging from science organizations, Ministries and the European Commission to the largest companies in the pharmaceutical industry, in past and present.
Consultancy and research
Science in Action is happy to share her extensive knowledge and experiences in science communication with others.
Commissioned by organisations as the European Commission, the Flemish Department of Economy, Science and Innovation (EWI), the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science (OCW) and Public Health, Welfare and Sport (VWS), the Amsterdam Free University and the Commission for Dialogue on Nanotechnology we have done research on youth, science and internet.
Also feasibility studies, policy advice and interim management in the field of science and technology communication belong to our experience and competence. Here, we have worked on behalf of Netherlands universities, KNAW, NWO and Stichting natuurkunde.nl.